Sunday, February 22, 2009

A weekend with my best friend

Just arrived home from spending the weekend with Nina. God sure knows how to bless us when He puts people in our lives. I truly love my best friend. I know, we ALL love our best friends but I mean my soul loves her and is very thankful for her presence in my life. She's that sister that I never had, but more.

I think what I appreciated the most this weekend was her generosity. In everything she does, she is generous. The meals she prepares for me, the random gifts she picks up, the flowers in my room. She is just a wonderful example of what generosity is meant to look like.

Another thing that I value so much about being with her is how she has helped me embrace my freedom as a single woman again. After being in a relationship for over a year with a man who was very conservative with spending and conscious of every dime that was spent and not at all happy if I wore anything that did not resemble a potato sack because it might be too revealing, I was not only able to go shopping and buy clothes, but I was able to get dressed up, put on heels and make-up and buy some clothes that allow me to show off those curves that our Heavenly Father gave us. Girls, I'm not saying reveal it all. I'm not even suggesting to reveal a thing but embrace that body that God gave you. I've loved being able to shop again and go out to dinner and order anything that my heart desires on the menu. Anything! Steak! Wine! Dessert! And guess what? It doesn't have to be from the Happy hour menu only! Nina really helped me get over this hurdle this weekend and I feel so darn good.

No comments: