Monday, March 9, 2009

How am I walking?

Oh, the Lord is popping little nuggets of wisdom on me and illuminating the Word.

"Therefore, I, a prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called..." Eph 4:1

After reading this verse today, my question to myself was simple: How am I walking?

When I reflect upon the surpassing greatness by which I have been saved, I realize the manner in which I am walking does not prove to be worthy of the calling with which I have been called. It doesn't even come close.

I realize that the manner in which I walk will never ever truly be worthy of the calling of Christ. It cannot ever be because what is worthy of Christ is only realized in true light, true truth and true love. I am capable of walking only through the Holy Spirit in me. I can never walk, alone, in a manner worthy. But, Christ in me, through the Holy Spirit can walk in a manner worthy.

The Holy Spirit brings with Him the fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22). When this fruit is allowed to sprout forth from me, my manner is made worthy of Christ. So, what must I do? I must allow the Holy Spirit to have His way in me and allow His fruit to be that which I bear.

Man alive, that's hard. But, it must be a decision I make everyday to allow Him to work in me.

No comments: